Monday, March 8, 2010

Common Prayer as Christ's Prayer

A comment from Bosco Peters on my post below about common prayer has opened my eyes to a dimension of common prayer I had not thought of:

"the understanding that we are not merely individual humans in relation to God, but as Christians inserted, immersed, baptised into Christ and it is within Christ that we pray to God - Christ's prayer we share together."

This bears repeating ... and repeating, until we get it!

Understanding our status as Christians 'in Christ' is often overlooked but of immense importance in many aspects of Christian life, including our worship together.

1 comment:

Nathaniel said...

Hi Peter,

I trust your move to Chch has gone well.

I appreciated your comments here re 'in Christ' being often over-looked. There is profound theological import here and worth continued exploration.
Nathaniel