By Michael Kellahan writing on Sydney Anglicans.Net
"1. Talk longer than people listen
2. Read from full script
3. Don’t speak to the world of those who listen
4. Don’t aim for transformation of self and hearers by the renewing of your mind
5. Steal from the Piper/Driscoll/Carson/Keller mp3 on the passage
6. Start your prep on Friday
7. Don’t listen (let alone watch) yourself afterwards because ‘you don’t like the sound of your own voice when its recorded’
8. Don’t ask people to open their bibles or refer them to the text
9. Work hard on making your illustrations the most engaging part of the sermon
10. Insert “Application = go & evangelize more OR feel guilty about ‘X’ “."
Read the original post plus comments to extend the list!!
Preaching is an opportunity from God to speak God's Word for today. A sermon should never ever be dull. Sadly many are. Let's lift our game!
New Camaldoli Hermitage
5 hours ago